In April 2015 we abrasive blasted and repainted Neumann Plant division’s
work boat MV Tramp.
The “Tramp” was blasted with Crushed Glass in our 15 metre by 7 metre by
7 metre Abrasive Blasting Booth then repainted in our 20 x 20 metre Spray
Paint used was Wattyl PR250 primer, Wattyl Epinemal DTM985 High build
epoxy and a Wattyl Poly U 400 Topcoat. Jotun Anti foul was also used.
See other recent Abrasive Blasting and Industrial Coatings Projects.
Find out more about Neumann Contractors - Abrasive Blasting & Industrial Coatings.
Wattyl – Epinamel PR250 – Epoxy Primer
- a universal two pack adhesion promoting, polyamide cured epoxy primer,
- approved to APAS-2971,
- conforms to AS/NZS 3750.13 Type 2 and 3,
- FDA Food Contact Compliant.
- general purpose epoxy primer in protective coating systems
for steel and non-ferrous metals
- excellent adhesion to steel, galvanized steel, non-ferrous
metals and fibreglass
- excellent flow and wetting properties
- excellent water and corrosion resistance
- cures at temperatures down to +5°C
- suitable for touching up of weld seams and damages of
epoxy coatings during construction
- long recoating intervals are possible when overcoating with
epoxy and polyurethane coatings
- can be overcoated with most alkyd, chlorinated rubber,
epoxy, two component polyurethane and catalysed acrylic
- suitable on wet blast cleaned substrates (damp or dry)
- suitable primer for immersion systems (in fresh and salt
water) when applied over suitably prepared surfaces
- suitable with well designed cathodic protection systems
- suitable for use as a prefabrication primer (Olive Green
only) (refer to Technical Data Sheet P30.07 for details)
- cure with Epinamel EH100 standard hardener or Epinamel EH120 low temperature hardener
Wattyl – Epinamel DTM985 – Epoxy
- a two component surface tolerant high solids, direct to metal high build polyamine adduct cured epoxy coating,
- approved to APAS 2973,
- conforms to AS/NZS 3750.14,
- conforms to AS/NZS 4020:2005 factory made white only
- maintenance coating for use in a wide range of industrial applications as a primer, build coat or finish coat
- tolerant to lower grades of steel preparation for atmospheric exposure
- excellent recoatability
- cures down to 0°C with Low Temperature (LT) Part B
- excellent abrasion resistance
- resistant to splash of alkali, mineral oils, solvents and dilute acids
- suitable for immersion in salt and fresh water
- suitable for sewerage immersion applications such as wet wells and storage tanks (both for steel and concrete substrates)
- can be applied to existing piling between tides or for new work
- can be exposed to water immersion shortly after application
- suitable with well-designed cathodic protection systems
Wattyl – Poly U400 – Polyureathane
- a two pack recoatable isocyanate cured, acrylic polyurethane finish,
- approved to APAS-1441/2, APAS-2911/1,
- conforms to AS/NZS 3750.6 Type 1.
- unlimited recoatability
- excellent resistance to atmospheric exposure
- excellent gloss retention
- tough, flexible and abrasion resistant
- resistant to splash of mineral oils, vegetable oils and aliphatic petroleum products
- resistant to splash of mild chemicals
Jotun – SeaGuardian – Anti-Fouling
Product Description: Antifouling SeaGuardian is a tin free selfpolishing antifouling. IMO Anti-fouling System Convention compliant (AFS/CONF/26).
Intended Uses:As an antifouling on vessels operating in global service, with drydocking intervals up to 36 months.